Terms & Conditions
This information is for individuals booking at Urban Central.
For group booking (12 or more people) terms and conditions please contact the groups department: firstname.lastname@example.org
** Please read these terms and conditions carefully as these conditions incorporate the basis on which bookings for Urban Central are accepted **
How to Book / Quotes and Reservations
• Bookings can be made directly at www.urbancentral.com.au or by calling Reservations on 1800 631 288 if calling from within Australia or if calling from overseas + 61 3 9693 3700.
• Reservations are subject to availability and actual pricing at the time of booking.
• Verbal quotes are valid at the moment of quote and not at a future time.
• At time of reservation a valid Visa or Mastercard must be provided to secure your booking. The credit card will be charged in full at the time of making the reservation.
• Full payment must be received prior to check in.
• A $10 cash key deposit will be taken from all guests on check in. The $10 cash key deposit will be returned to the guest on presentation of the key during check out prior to 10am.
• Cash, EFTPOS, Unionpay and Credit cards (Visa, Mastercard) are accepted
Cancellation terms and charges
• Up to 48 hours prior to day of arrival, cancellation without charge, excluding event dates.
• Within 48 hours of day of arrival, two night’s accommodation will be charged to the credit card used to secure the reservation
• No shows/failure to cancel prior to arrival, are subject to a fee, equal to 100% of the total amount paid for the reservation.
• There are no refunds offered during Melbourne Event dates. Please contact Urban Central to confirm which dates are event times in Melbourne before making a reservation
Rates and Changes
• Rates quoted on this website are in the venues local currency AUD, and are subject to change at any time. Rates are inclusive of GST where applicable.
• Minimum length of stay restrictions may apply to certain rates during special event periods
• All prices and other payments and conditions should be confirmed at the time of booking.
Check-in and Check-out
• Check-in is 2pm. Valid government issued photographic identification, $10 cash key deposit and balance of payment must be produced to complete check in.
Check-out is 10am. Departing guests must remove all belongings from their room, return room key and have vacated the room by 10am. Luggage storage is available on site for day use only.
• Late check out after 10am will be charged at one night’s accommodation, without a guarantee of availability.
• Reservations made for more than one person must have everyone arrive to check in at the same time. No guest will be able to enter the room until all guests from the booking are present.
Photo I.D. required on check-in
• An acceptable valid form of government issued photographic identification will need to be produced prior to check-in for all guests, such as Passport, Australian driver’s licence, Australian proof of age card (18+ card). Student cards are not accepted
• Any bookings made for 12 or more guests come under our group booking terms. Upon check in all guests must individually agree to and sign our terms and conditions document. Any guest who does not agree to these terms will forfeit their reservation at Urban Central and may incur cancellation fees.
• Room allocations cannot be guaranteed. A request can be made but dorm beds booked under one name cannot be guaranteed in the same room. Urban Central reserves the right to change an allocation at any time at their own discretion.
• Whilst we attempt to satisfy all special requests, we are unable to provide a guarantee.
• The person creating a booking shall be deemed to have accepted the booking conditions on behalf of all persons named in the booking.
• All guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or an individual over the age of 18, the property has the right to refuse any booking, when the legal guardian over 18 cannot provide current photo ID if requested on check-in.
•Parking is limited and incurs a fee. All vehicles are parked at the owners’ risk. Should a problem occur with a vehicle in the venue car park, the venue cannot accept any liability. If a vehicle is left in the venue car park after the guest has departed without the written consent of the venue, the venue reserves the right to remove the vehicle at the owners’ expense.
• All vehicles parked at Urban Central Accommodation must leave their keys at reception at all times. The owner accepts that members of staff may move the car during the time their car is parked in the car park.
• Guests are not permitted to bring alcohol into the venue. Failure to comply may result in eviction without refund.
• Urban Central is a strictly non-smoking premises. Any guest found smoking within the building will be asked to leave the premises immediately and will not be offered a refund. A smoking area and ashtrays are provided outside the building for guests who wish to smoke.
• Lockers are available to guests in four bed dorm rooms, with padlocks available for purchase at reception for a small fee. Guests are responsible for their own belongings at all times.
• Guests’ liability for their account is not waived and guests agree to be held personally liable in the event that any indicated person, group, company or association fails to pay all or part of any charges incurred.
Damages, Behaviour and Responsibility
• The comfort, safety and security of our guests is of paramount importance to Urban Central. Any guest(s) who, in the opinion of our staff, compromise the comfort, safety or security of other guests, staff or local residents will be requested to leave the venue premises and will not be offered a refund. Guests are expected to respect other guests, staff, local residents and property. In the case of groups, the group leaders must ensure that all members of their group behave in an acceptable manner. Failure of any individual group member to do so will result in the expulsion of the whole group.
• Urban Central reserve the right to charge guests the cost of rectifying damage, caused by the deliberate, negligent or reckless act of the guest to the hostel’s property or structure. All members of a group are held responsible for any actions taken by any member of the group. Should any damage come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s credit / debit card
• We reserve the right to take action against any guest found to have tampered / interfered with any fire detection equipment throughout the venue, including detector heads in public areas and bedrooms, break glass points and fire extinguishers. Guests found to have tampered with any fire detection or firefighting equipment or found to have been negligent will be charged for any MFB costs incurred by the venue due to their actions and additionally may be asked to leave the property.
• Urban Central will not be liable for any accident, injury, delay, property damage or personal loss to you or those travelling with you in connection with any accommodation, transportation, or other travel services resulting directly or indirectly from any occurrences or conditions beyond its control, including but not limited to acts of terrorism, act of God, defects in vehicles, war, strikes, theft, delay, cancellation, civil disorder, disaster, government regulations or changes in itinerary or schedule.
• Every effort is made to ensure that information displayed on this website is correct. Information and rates on the Urban Central website are subject to change without notice.
• No pets allowed.
Urban Central is a licensed venue. Only alcohol purchased from our venue may be brought or consumed on site.